What is your company’s mission?
Despite our rapid growth, our founding mission of providing cutting edge custom molecular biology services to make life sciences research easier, faster and more cost-effective remains the same:
– Our online vector design and ordering platform continues to become more user friendly and comprehensive in function.
– Our products and services strive for the the highest quality possible while maintaining rapid turnaround and affordable prices.
– Our “white-glove” customer care is supported by a PhD-level service team with decades of collective experience and advising and devising the best solutions.
– Our R&D team continues to develop novel vector systems, improve our virus packaging services and optimize existing technologies to improve our manufacturing process.
What products and services do you offer?
We offer an array of services within a variety of research areas, including:
– Vector design, custom cloning, library construction, BAC recombineering, engineered cell lines, plasmid DNA/RNA preparation
Virus Packaging Services
– Lentivirus, AAV (18+ serotypes), adenovirus, MMLV, MSCV, VSV, baculovirus
– shRNA libraries, dual-gRNA libraries, AAV serotype panel, VB UltraStable™ competent cells
– CRISPR genome editing solutions, inducible gene expression solutions, shRNA gene knockdown solutions, shRNA (3+1) virus packaging, store credit
COVID-19 Coronavirus Solutions
– Coronavirus vectors, lentivirus, VSV and MMLV pseudotyped with coronavirus S protein, cell line models and animal models for coronavirus research
What problems does your organization solve?
VectorBuilder provides a powerful one-stop solution to allow scientists to outsource all of their vector and virus needs saving them time and money. As the world’s largest provider of custom cloning services, we can make virtually any custom DNA vector tailored to meet your research needs. Over 100 vector systems on our platform have been optimized through extensive R&D work, and all have been validated by in vitro and, where applicable, in vivo testing.
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
Our vector design platform, custom cloning technologies and capabilities as well as custom virus manufacturing are at the forefront of the tools and technologies we offer.
What are your competitive advantages?
Our competitive advantages can be easily be broken down into four areas:
– VectorBuilder has delivered hundreds of thousands of custom vectors and recombinant viruses; therefore, we have extensive knowledge of vector design and state-of-the-art technologies for cloning.
– VectorBuilder’s massive collection of plasmid backbones, ORFs, promoters, linkers, tags etc., means we avoid synthesis to keep cost low and turnaround time fast.
– VectorBuilder’s online platform offers unified data management that stores all the vectors, orders and technical inquiries generated by a customer in their account.
– VectorBuilder also prides itself as a community resource for vector systems, recombinant viruses and related molecular techniques. Our website provides comprehensive educational materials about vectors and vector components.
Who are your clients?
Academic, biotech, pharma, CROs and CMOs.
What new products and services are you developing in 2020?
This year, we’ve expanded into GMP manufacturing, including process development, analytical development, plasmid development and virus manufacturing. We’ve also added coronavirus vectors to help researchers focusing on COVID-19.
Where are your laboratories and offices located?
Our headquarters are in Chicago, IL, but we are a global company, with branches in Germany, Japan and China. Addresses and contact information can be found at https://en.vectorbuilder.com/support/contact.html
How has Scientist.com helped your business?
Scientist.com enables researchers/buyers to discover and purchase our products and services through a secure, trusted marketplace.
Founded in 2007, Scientist.com is the world’s leading scientific services marketplace. It saves time and money and provides access to innovation while maintaining compliance with an organization’s procurement policies. Scientist.com operates private marketplaces for most of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies and the US NIH.