As businesses begin to reopen, including laboratories, researchers should expect operations to look slightly different. Based on conversations we’ve had with existing partners and recent literature, here are some of the proposed changes for projects that must be done in person:
- Returns will be phased in, and employee shifts will be staggered
- More personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required when on site
- Protocols and plans will be in place in case of another mandatory shutdown
- Increased usage of digital research tools to help facilitate studies
These articles offer more insight on the subject:
- How We’ll Get Back to the Lab During COVID-19
- Tips for Lab Safety During a Pandemic
- COVID-19 Q&A: Laboratory Safety
- How to Reopen Your Lab Following a COVID-19 Shut Down
Utilizing Virtual Research Tools
The Scientist.com marketplace allows researchers to run drug discovery projects virtually. Researchers can place requests for custom services, find innovative suppliers that remain open, receive assistance from an expert Research Concierge and streamline research projects by purchasing from suppliers that already have signed legal and finance agreements in place. Researchers also have the option to access regional networks through our virtual drug discovery pipelines, in order to avoid recent difficulties in shipping products in a timely manner or internationally. Most importantly, researchers can continue to focus on moving projects forward regardless of lab access.
Interested in learning how the integrated drug discovery model can benefit your research? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 2007, Scientist.com is the world’s leading scientific services marketplace. It saves time and money and provides access to innovation while maintaining compliance with an organization’s procurement policies. Scientist.com operates private marketplaces for most of the world’s major pharmaceutical companies and the US NIH.